Shipping & Recieving Clerk
- 17000766 Requisition #
- 1 day ago Post Date
Responsibilities may include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Primarily responsible for shipping of all items through the MRP system such as SAP, and ensuring accurate billing/receipt and monies received are properly applied to invoices being paid. Performs unpackaging of certain materials and products for downstream operations.
Hours for this position are 1pm-9pm
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Determines method of shipment and arrange shipping/ prepare bills of lading, customs forms, deliveries and other shipping documents.
• Verifies First Article acceptance, checks incoming goods against documents, records shortages and rejects damaged goods.
• Checks for country of origin upon receipt of material or product ensuring appropriate documentation is on file.
• Unpacks and trays when necessary, verifies product matches QC01 and all other paperwork.
• May initiate paperwork for non-conformances of product/material received into the facility with potential quality or other like issues.
• Responsibility for all incoming and outgoing goods as per routing documentation and delivery.
• Ships/Receives and records the movement of parts, supplies, materials, equipment and stock to and from facility.
• Oversees loading and unloading and routes incoming goods to appropriate area.
• May operate dock locks, Shrink wrap machine, forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods.
• Generate necessary reports related to distribution and communicate to appropriate team members.
• Comply with safety procedures and company policies.
• May cover in other areas as need for work demand.
• Ensures cleanliness of area
· Required to make pickups and deliveries to our suppliers for parts and raw materials using the company van.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Good interpersonal skills
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Ability to work well under pressure and maintain positive, enthusiastic attitude Eagerness to learn and expand responsibilities
Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
Willingness to participate in continuous improvement activities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee has frequent standing, walking, stretching, constant bending and lifting of Fed Ex packages ranging up to 70 pounds. Frequent handling of wood containers containing 250 12-13 foot steel bars of various diameters. Moves steel bars to quarantine area with cart, lifts and slides steel bars into tool crib storage bin.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
ABOUT MEDTRONIC: Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO STATEMENT: It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here:http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME:
Minimum Educ and Exp:
• Must have HS Diploma/GED
• Intermediate computer knowledge, including proficient typing skills, familiar with spreadsheet editing in MS Excel.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with other staff and co-workers
Must have vaild Drivers license
Preferred Educ and Exp:
• Previous forklift and motorized cart experience
• SAP software experience
One year of manufacturing related experiance in shipping and receiving