Account Manager, Cardiovascular & Structural Heart Atlantic region
- 1700075B Requisition #
- 3 days ago Post Date
- Grow sales of cardiovascular products (encompassing products in Cardiac Surgery, Cath Lab and TAVI) and other programs as integrated in the assigned territory. Meet and exceed sales targets for the territory and contribute to the overall performance of the CVG team.
- Launch new therapies successfully at the field level.
- Business and marketing strategy implementation at the field level in alignment with national and regional strategies and priorities.
- Segment and prioritize customers in the field at the institution and individual level.
- Segment and leverage the CVG portfolio to maintain or become the key supplier at the institution level.
- Understand technologies, products, procedures, competitors and their products and outcomes expected to advise and support our customers.
- Organize and cover territory on a regular and consistent basis.
- Establish and apply detailed knowledge base of account structure and objectives.
- Manage and optimize field inventory, including consignment stock, product nearing expiry and field quality actions.
- Usage of MMX or equivalent hardware/software for cycle counts and inventory management.
- Document all customer-initiated clinical activity and meaningful sales activity into SalesForceDotCom.
- Ensure ongoing personal training on all product lines and knowledge of current literature in all fields directly related to product lines.
- Effectively leverage field tools and iPad content with customers.
- Support account clinical support demands and requirements.
- Provide required training to customers on CVG products and services.
- Be fully aware of the strategic plan of the institution, priorities, making sure we are matching them totally or to a significant level to maintain and grow share as well as to introduce new therapies.
- Be involved in CVG product trials and clinical evaluations.
- Participate in major North American and local/regional meetings.
- Manage cost center budget to plan.
- Manage outstanding payment and purchase orders for used product.
- Collect annual statistics in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensure that Medtronic’s ethical position is maintained and effectively communicates and manages his/her compliance, education and adherence to the code of conduct.
- Comply with operating policies, business conduct standards, systems and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Biology, Physiology, Engineering, Sciences, Nursing, Perfusion or Business.
- Sales training program completion.
- Negotiation skills training.
- Computer literacy/training programs.
- Minimum of five years sales experience, in a dynamic healthcare environment with a high travel component.
Sales and clinical experience in a hospital environment preferably within cardiovascular area.
- Accountable for results.
- Passionate and driven.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Leads and embraces changes that are customer responsive and market driven.
- Capacity to evolve in an ambiguous market dynamic.
- Self-starter, working alone with minimum of supervision.
- Business acumen.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to impart knowledge and train as required.
Excellent organization and communication skills.
Capacity to manage an account by understanding and leveraging the political dynamic, unofficial and official power in place, identifying source of motivation, different type of buyers.
Capacity to introduce in a very comprehensive way new concepts and approaches of the CVG value proposition related to support, training, service and partnership.
- MBA an asset.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Travel required for training, customer events, symposia, field activities and case coverage.
- On-call and travelling after hours may be required for case coverage and/or field related activities.